Saturday, January 8, 2011

Healthy Option

Coles' Salad Bar
A creative innovation by Wendy Lin

I'm usually not one whom you should seek "healthy" advice from as I have been questioned once before: "oh my god how can you eat pizza for breakfast"?!!

Nonetheless, as I age and my body metabolism slows down and my body begins to deteriorate with age, I've came to a point where eating healthily (once in a while because taste always prevails) isn't so bad and have (of late) taken a liking to eating salads. My personal preference would be anything with baby spinach and rocket :)

I visited my friend at Broadway and upon my visit I came across an awesome discovery (unveiled by my good friend Wendy)- the Broadway Coles Salad Bar! Now I am specifically saying "Broadway" as I have checked out other Coles and there are no salad bars, well at least not the same as the one you'd find at Broadway Coles.

It is an amazing and clever concept which offers numerous choice of salads such as pasta salad, potato salad, cous cous, tabouli etc etc
How it works is that you choose a plastic container - go for the biggest one and choose from the variety of salads available - on top of my head I think there are more than 20?!
Then you weigh your container and the price depends on how much it weighs! They have it for $15 per kilo and between 3 girls we managed to walk away with 1.5k worth of salads! That, quote my friend Juri could potentially last someone a whole entire week! ;)

I highly recommend this and if you're ever around Broadway go check it out! It tastes great and is undeniably great value for money!!!








1.5kg worth of salad = we ate a s***load of salad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment